200 hour Classical Hatha Teacher's Training Course, 16 May - 19 October, Johannesburg
Hosted by ISHTA School of Yoga & Health
Cost: R22 500
ISHTA is proud to bring you a rich, collaborative and comprehensive 200hr accredited teacher training for those students who wish to deepen their knowledge of asana, pranayama and meditation.
Our dynamic and transformative yoga curriculum will help you to deepen your own inner self knowledge and confidently lead others along their yoga journeys! Through an exciting programme consisting of workshops, hands-on instructive classes, written assignments and practical assessments, you will learn to teach with skill and confidence.
The course is a six-month, 200hr course, comprising of 76 practical class hours, weekly experiential yoga practice hours plus written assignments. The course is completed with a practical examination and assessments. With amazing teachers and guest lecturers, this course is deeply enriching and covers all aspects of classical hatha yoga philosophy and practice.
MODULES OF STUDY INCLUDE:
* Aims & History of Yoga
* Ashtanga Marga (The Eight-Fold Path)
* Prana & The Pranic Body
* The Chakra System
* Jnana, Bhakti, Ashtanga, Karma, Raja and Hatha Yoga
* Mudras and Bhandas
* Shat Karmas, Mantra, Yantra, Tantra and Kriya Yoga
* Yoga Styles ISHTA, Ashtanga, Kundalini, Restorative, Tibetan Heart Yoga, Pregnancy, Children’s Yoga, Vinyasa
*AsanaTheory, Practice, Modifications, Contraindications
* Anatomy, Adjustments and Alignment
* Pranayama, Yoga Nidra & Meditation
* Sequencing a Yoga Class
Yoga & Living
* Stress, Depression and Yoga
* Yoga for Disease & Ailments
* Yoga as a Career and for Private Practice
* Seva and Yoga Activism
Classes run every Thursday evening from 6 – 8pm and Saturday from 11am – 1 pm for the duration of the course.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* A minimum of two years previous yoga practice is required for acceptance on this course as well as an eligibility interview with the teachers @ the ISHTA School of Yoga & Health.
* Please be advised that this is a 200 hour training, meaning that in addition to the 76 hours of class time, you are required to gather an additional 124 hours of experiential yoga class hours.
*All experiential hours are available free of charge @ ISHTA to Teacher’s Trainees.
*150 hours in total MUST be completed at ISHTA and the remaining 50 hours can be completed at studios or workshops or retreats of your choice.
* Additionally, ISHTA offers 50% off regular workshops to all Teachers Trainees for the duration of their course
* A 90% attendance of your class hours is required for qualification.
Once you have registered, you are able to start gathering your experiential yoga hours so you can complete the course at a nice, steady and even pace.
R4000 deposit with payment upfront or 6 month payment plan
About Your Host - ISHTA School of Yoga and Health
In the heart of Sandton, tucked away from the bustle and amidst a lush, tropical garden, you’ll find the ISHTA Studio of Yoga & Health, where the sound of birdsong and trickling water fills the air. Yoga classes on offer at Ishta Studio include ISHTA, Ashtanga, Kundalini, Integral Yoga, Yogalates, Preggie Yoga, Children and Teen Yoga, Private Yoga, Healing Therapies and Yoga Workshops.
The Promises of ISHTA: fIND tranquility and harmony in your life, Experience peace and serenity, Reduce stress and anxiety and Rejoice in love