YogaBeez Children's Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Training, 25-28 April, Cape Town
Hosted by YogaBeez at The Source Cape Town
Cost: R6000 Early Bird price if booking secured before 1 March 2019 R6500. Full price after 1 March
This 4-day teacher training taking place in Cape Town, South Africa is available to anyone passionate about bringing yoga and mindfulness to children. It focuses on preschool and primary school age children, and the foundations for teaching a well-rounded class. YogaBeez incorporates all aspects of the traditional yoga and mindfulness practice blended with Montessori philosophy to educate, exercise and empower the WHOLE child.
What we cover in the weekend:
* Practice and play with essential warm ups, breathing techniques and child appropriate poses
* Discover and practice classroom management skills
* Have fun with partner poses and group yoga games
* Understand mindfulness for children
* See how yoga comes to life with music and books
* Experience the joy of affirmations and relaxation
* Explore the brief history of yoga and the 8 fold path
* Stages of Child Development (ages 2-11)
* Learn how to incorporate education and exercise stimulating the “Whole” child
* Discuss the ethics of a good teacher yoga teacher
* Explore the educators, yogi's and psychologists who have inspired this program
* Observation, discussion, preparation and teaching your first class with this age group.
What you will receive:
* A newfound relationship with your inner child
* 4 days of practical, hands-on children's yoga
* Detailed manual of poses, philosophy, teaching tips, book list, lesson plans and much more
* Lesson plans and ideas to create many more
* Foundation certificate for Teaching Yoga to Children
* Continuing education hours if you are registered with Yoga Alliance
* Listing on YogaBeez "Find a Teacher" page and access to a wonderful international forum of children's yoga teachers
If you would like any further information, a booking form or would like to chat about this training please don't hesitate to contact Suzi on email@example.com
About Your Host
YogaBeez has been teaching children yoga for over ten years. We have also taught hundreds of people how to teach children yoga using our unique combination of mindfulness and Montessori. So many wonderful children, young people, parents and teachers have joined our YogaBeez Hive over the years.
Course presenter and teacher, Suzi Seha, owner of Lotus Yoga (Lotus Studio & Lotus Zen Den) and Lotus Kids Yoga in Windhoek, is a qualified 200hr yoga teacher, a children's yoga & mindfulness teacher, a meditation mentor and a workshop facilitator. Suzi teaches yoga and meditation to adults, teens and children and completed her children’s & teen training with YogaBeez. Suzi currently teaches the Foundation course in Namibia and Cape Town.